Paragon: The Man Who I Look Up To



My uncle is a typical Virgo, attentive, tidy, precise, and so on. And he is erudite in various field. Even he is an engineer he understands art as well. Since I was a child, he has been the model in my innermost heart. I never tell anyone even my mom till I grew up. 

I look up to him but also revere him. I'm afraid of doing something that he doesn't like. Once, we had a family dinner in an Italian restaurant.
"Do you know the artist of this painting? " He casually asked me.
"Klimt," I said calmly. Actually, my heart said "Phew! Thank God, I know the answer."
My uncle looked satisfied with my artistic appreciation. Did I said my major is commercial design? No? But now you got it. So if I don't know the painting is Klimt's The Kiss, I guess he might think I'm in lack of common sense. 

There are too many things that I learned from my uncle. For instance, I learn table manners by his facial expression. If my knife and fork make a shrill noise on the plate, his eyebrow will frown and will look unpleasant. So I always do the standard etiquette when I have a meal with him. Another is all about experiences in his travels. My uncle has been to many countries since he was young. He often shares them to me. One story he shared was when it was a snowy day on the UK. When he arrived in his room, he found a stray cat sitting on his bed. It felt like he received a surprise. A stranger visited him in a strange land. While I was listening, it clearly visualized like a fairy tale story in my mind. I think this is one of the reasons that I like to travel. His stories is my yearning desire. 

Some people may think he is meticulous, but I don't think so. I feel qualified to comment because I saw that his personality leads to his success. Imagine this situation, “you are learning a new word and you want to write it neatly. But it seems you made a lot of mistakes so you tend to erase it many times so the paper was torn.” If this happens to me, I’ll let it go. But you can’t imagine what my uncle did. My uncle cut a square-like paper from the last page and pasted it into the place where it was torn. And then he wrote again. Incredible, isn't it? You can’t deny that pursuit perfectly brings achievement.  

His fighting spirit always inspires me. He is the compass of my life that leads me to sail to further place. Not only me needs a paragon, all of us should have one to bring out the best in ourselves. 

留言